Thanks for your interest in joining the Little Pink Team!
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT – DATE POSTED APRIL 3, 2017
The new Director of Development at Little Pink Houses of Hope will join a team of passionate and dedicated colleagues in an environment where collaboration, efficiency, and tenacity are key. This person will report to the President and will support the organization in its achievement of ambitious revenue targets.
The ideal candidate will have experience with a full range of fundraising objectives including annual giving, major giving campaigns, sponsorships, grants, and special events. As sustainability is a key focus of the strategic expansion plan, experience working on a successful fundraising campaign is required. A successful candidate will also be skilled in working with and relating to a wide range of constituents, from donors to committees and Board Members.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Organize and produce signature fundraising event, Dancing with the Little Pink Stars Gala, by working closely with and directing Gala fundraising committee. Work with event committee to plan and organize Gala event, solicit sponsorships, sell tickets and guarantee all elements of event are successful.
- Create additional fundraising campaigns to meet the goals of the organization’s expansion strategic plan.
- Work to execute, support, promote, and attend third party fundraisers in the local community.
- Identify and recruit event volunteers
- Serve as staff lead on cultivation and stewardship events, as appropriate.
Annual Fund Management
- Conceptualize and produce all mail and electronic appeals. Evaluate opportunities for additional appeals.
- Strategize opportunities to engage lapsed donors or develop new acquisition appeals.
- Utilizing best practices, maintain accurate and up to date prospect and donor information using etapestry software.
- Work with President to identify annual fund donors that would be good major gift prospects. Develop a plan for major gift stewardship.
- Manage all aspects of grant writing for Little Pink Houses of Hope in association with contracted grant writer. Includes documenting, proposal collaboration, follow-up, financial and narrative reporting.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met
- Conduct grant prospect research as needed
- Establish relationships with key funders and grow the pipeline of support
Campaign and Special Initiative Support
- Assist the President with developing a comprehensive fundraising campaign.
- Provide support for other special development initiative as they arise to include third party events and inquiries, community events and one time fundraising events or initiatives.
Candidates for the Director of Development should have:
- 3+ years of professional experience in fundraising with a nonprofit organization with a strong record of success.
- Experience with a wide variety of development initiatives including special events, grant writing, and annual fund management.
- Experience with a comprehensive campaign helpful but not required.
- Proven track record of achieving ambitious revenue targets in a highly competitive environment.
- Confidence and proficiency in using a donor database
- Excellent communication and relationship-building competencies and the ability to represent the organization’s best interests with a broad constituency base.
- Keen attention to detail and superb writing skills.
- A flexible and adaptable work style with the ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
This is a full time position at the Burlington, North Carolina headquarters. Performance of the job is evaluated annually.
Submit one document that includes your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will be accepted until June 30, 2017 or until the position is filled.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.