Support Breast Cancer Families with Bitcoin and other types of cryptocurrency.
A breast cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming for a family. Your gift provides the support a cancer patient needs to be able to gain strength as a family and recharge for the battle ahead of them. And now your gifts are needed more than ever before.
- What is cryptocurrency? Cryptocurrencies are digital or virtual currencies that operate like ordinary money such as dollars, pounds, or euros, but have no physical counterparts. They exist only in electronic form. Millions of people use cryptocurrencies such as ELONGATE, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Zcash, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and others for various transactions.
- Why is Little Pink accepting cryptocurrency? A growing number of nonprofits and charities are beginning to accept donations in the form of cryptocurrency. We believe that accepting cryptocurrency will result in donations we may not otherwise receive, as well as connecting us with new supporters.
- Are cryptocurrency donations anonymous? They can be. Similar to other donations, you may give without sharing your personal info. When you donate you’ll have the option to ‘continue anonymously’ for your donation or provide contact information.
- How does it work? When you donate cryptocurrency to a registered charity, you do not recognize capital gains from the donation and can deduct it on your taxes. In other words, donating your crypto can often reduce your tax burden. The IRS classifies cryptocurrencies as property, so cryptocurrency donations to 501c3 charities receive the same tax treatment as stocks.
- Does Little Pink hold cryptocurrency? No, we do not. We are able to convert these gifts into dollars as soon as we receive them. Our partnership with The Giving Block makes this an easy, simple conversion.
- What is The Giving Block? The Giving Block equips non-profits to give supporters and organizations alike an easy-to-use cryptocurrency donation tool.
Little Pink offers supporters with cryptocurrency the ability to support the organization in a tax-efficient way. The IRS classifies cryptocurrency donations as property, meaning they are not subject to capital gains tax and are tax-deductible. Your contribution is tax-deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. For example, for donors in the U.S., the IRS has classified Bitcoin as property for tax purposes. This means when you donate Bitcoin to a 501(c)(3) nonprofit like Little Pink you do not have to pay capital gains tax and it is tax-deductible if you provide your email address.
Please note: You can donate anonymously. We will only use your email to send the tax receipt; it will not be shared for any other purposes if you choose to donate anonymously.