Little Pink Houses of Hope is a non-profit organization that serves breast cancer patients and their families propelling families to live stronger, laugh harder and love deeper. The organization provides free week-long vacation retreat experiences for breast cancer patients going through treatment and their families.
The Little Pink’s programming effectively meets families where they are on their journey and provides support for each family member as well as for the unit as a whole. Little Pink responds to the needs of breast cancer survivors so that they can focus on strengthening their family; by spending quality time as a family unit, by meeting other families in the same health condition, and by creating an ongoing support network. Little Pink provides opportunities for families to de-stress from the rigor of appointments and cancer treatments.
Little Pink is headquartered in Burlington, North Carolina and is governed by an 11-member Board of Directors, comprised of members of the local community.
Little Pink Houses of Hope is looking for a compassionate and highly organized Office Administrator to join our team. The successful candidate will be in charge of managing the office and assisting program staff with retreat planning and administrative tasks. He or she will develop positive working relationships with all stakeholders. We are looking for someone to work 20 hours per week starting in mid November.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as the primary point of contact for new contacts (walk-in, volunteers, phone).
- Organize volunteer recruitment and manage office volunteers.
- Provide administrative and logistical support with support for projects, initiatives, and programs (filing, emailing, data entry, mailing, phone, etc.)
- Relay stakeholder concerns or information to the appropriate senior staff member
- Review and submit documentation and follow up with stakeholders as needed.
- Support trainings and special events
- Assist with Accounts Receivable documentation and processing
- Maintain accurate data base records and add new info as it becomes available
- Assist in the retreat planning and implementation process as directed by Retreat Programs Director
- Work with President to manage her scheduling needs and support services.
- Associate degree or higher
- Minimum of 2 years administrative experience- looking for someone that knows how to organize systems and processes, highly skilled in Excel, Word and able to quickly learn new platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly interested in candidate with WordPress , Adobe Suite, or Quickbooks proficiency
- Polished written and verbal communication skills
- Passion and Desire to make a difference
Submit one document that includes your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will be accepted until November 15, or until the position is filled. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information on the organization, please visit www.littlepink.org
We currently have Volunteer Leadership Opportunities available in the following areas:
Sedona, AZ/ Retreat Coordinator
Topsail, NC/ Retreat Coordinator
Description Little Pink Houses of Hope is seeking coordinators in the above locations with a strong knowledge and understanding of their community and how to engage stakeholders. You would serve as a local Little Pink ambassador creating community awareness. Little Pink provides training and support throughout the year. You will work within a set budget and seek to secure donations for the retreat week based on Little Pink guidelines. You will work to create a Team Pink of people within your community that are passionate about the cause and want to help. Volunteering is fun when it is done together!
Submit one document that includes your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis or until the position(s) are filled. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information on the organization, please visit www.littlepink.org