DUE TO THE COVID 19 HEALTH SITUATION, OUT OF AN ABUNDANCE OF CAUTION, LITTLE PINK IS WORKING HARD TO GUARANTEE A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE VACATION EXPERIENCE FOR YOUR FAMILY. WE ARE OFFERING LIMITED COMMUNAL ACTIVITIES, MEALS, AND PROGRAMMING. EACH FAMILY WILL RECEIVE A PROPERTY AND A STIPEND FOR FOOD EXPENSES.
- The requirements to attend are that you must be ambulatory and are currently a patient who has undergone treatment for breast cancer within the past 12 months under the care of a licensed physician.
- Retreats are for breast cancer patients ONLY.
- Retreats are for men and women diagnosed with breast cancer.
- To attend a retreat, participants submit an application and medical clearance from their oncology healthcare team. The following prioritization is given during the application process:
- Tier 1: Applicants who are currently undergoing treatment
- Tier 2: Applicants who have finished treatment within the past 6 months
- Tier 3: Applicants who have finished treatment within the past 12 months
Family attendees include the people living in the home with the participant. We welcome single participants and couples as well as families. Understanding that all families look different and that the cancer journey can change those roles by having a mother or caregiver move in, we want to accommodate those needs. We will evaluate individual requests, especially those of our single participants. The purpose of our retreats is not to serve as a family reunion for extended family. Please do not apply if this is your expectation.
- Retreats are offered at no cost. Little Pink provides each participant his/her own property and a stipend for food.
- Travel to, from and during the retreat is the participant’s responsibility. You must have a vehicle during the retreat week.
DUE TO THE COVID 19 HEALTH SITUATION, OUT OF AN ABUNDANCE OF CAUTION, LITTLE PINK IS WORKING HARD TO GUARANTEE A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE VACATION EXPERIENCE FOR YOUR FAMILY. WE ARE CURRENTLY OFFERING LIMITED COMMUNAL ACTIVITIES, MEALS, OR PROGRAMMING. EACH FAMILY WILL RECEIVE A PROPERTY AND A STIPEND FOR FOOD EXPENSES.
- Individual Housing– Each participant will have private housing to create an environment that focuses on spending quality time together.
- Common Dining– One meal is served each day in a common space such as a restaurant, civic building, or park. This will allow participants a way to meet and build relationships with other participants.
- Programming– Each day, activities are planned in which attendees can participate. Activities are determined by location, available resources and personnel,
- Optional Participation– Participants can choose to participate in the activities on any given day or may choose to reconnect on their own. Participation in the activities is always optional, never mandatory. Any meals or activities of participant choosing are at participant expense.
- Retreat support– You will be supported during the week by a personal liaison we lovingly call a VolunSTAR.
No. The only required events are the opening and closing dinner.
No. The week is designed to maximize the ability to use donated properties and services for participants who could attend for the entire week. Please do not apply if you cannot attend for the entire week. Special exceptions are made for religious observance.
- Selections are made throughout the year based no rolling acceptance.
- Retreat notifications occur 2-3 months before the retreat.
- All notifications are communicated through the email address provided in the application.
- Due to the large volume of applications, we cannot respond to each application. You will hear from us ONLY if selected.
We danced, we kayaked, we played on paddle boards, ziplined through the trees, and cruised on a beautiful yacht. We talked and laughed. We made friendships that will last a lifetime. It was truly a magical week!