- The requirements to attend are that you must be ambulatory and are currently a patient who has undergone treatment for breast cancer within the past 12 months under the care of a licensed physician.
- Retreats are for breast cancer patients ONLY.
- Retreats are for men and women diagnosed with breast cancer.
- In the event that you are accepted for a couples retreat and your partner/spouse cannot attend, Little Pink will require you to decline your acceptance as all programming, accommodations and community expectation is that it is intended for couples.
- To attend a retreat, participants submit an application and medical clearance from their oncology healthcare team. The following prioritization is given during the application process:
- Tier 1: Applicants who are currently undergoing treatment
- Tier 2: Applicants who have finished treatment within the past 6 months
- Tier 3: Applicants who have finished treatment within the past 12 months
Family attendees include the people living in the home with the participant. We welcome single participants and couples as well as families. Single participants are free to bring primary caregiver, family, or support friend. Understanding that all families look different and that the cancer journey can change those roles by having a mother or caregiver move in, we want to accommodate those needs. We will evaluate individual requests, especially those of our single participants. The purpose of our retreats is not to serve as a family reunion for extended family. Please do not apply if this is your expectation.
- Little Pink provides each participant his/her own property, a schedule that includes a meal and an activity each day as well as a stipend for incidental expenses.
- Travel to, from, and during the retreat is the participant’s responsibility. The decision to rent a vehicle or use ride-share options should be considered based on the retreat location’s ease of use. In certain locations, ride-share options are not conducive or cost-effective for the week.
- Participants in St. John, USVI: do not need to secure transportation during the retreat.
- Participants in the Northern Outer Banks: Unless you have a 4×4 vehicle, you will park your vehicle for the week and be shuttled to the property which is on the 4×4 area of the beach. Participants that have a 4×4 vehicle and are comfortable driving on the beach are welcome to do so.
- Travel assistance is available for patients with demonstrated financial need. Click here for eligibility requirements and the application process for travel assistance. Please do not apply for travel assistance until you are accepted.
View our Schedule to see dates and locations for all retreats.
No. The only required events are the opening and closing dinner.
No. The week is designed to maximize the ability to use donated properties and services for participants who could attend for the entire week. Please do not apply if you cannot attend for the entire week. Special exceptions are made for religious observance.
- Selections are made throughout the year based no rolling acceptance.
- Retreat notifications occur 2-3 months before the retreat.
- All notifications are communicated through the email address provided in the application.
- Due to the large volume of applications, we cannot respond to each application. You will hear from us ONLY if selected.
We danced, we kayaked, we played on paddle boards, ziplined through the trees, and cruised on a beautiful yacht. We talked and laughed. We made friendships that will last a lifetime. It was truly a magical week!