- The requirements to attend are that you must be ambulatory and are currently a patient who has undergone treatment for breast cancer within the past 12 months under the care of a licensed physician.
- Retreats are for breast cancer patients ONLY.
- Retreats are for men and women diagnosed with breast cancer.
- To attend a retreat, participants submit an application and medical clearance from their oncology healthcare team. The following prioritization is given during the application process:
- Tier 1: Applicants who are currently undergoing treatment
- Tier 2: Applicants who have finished treatment within the past 6 months
- Tier 3: Applicants who have finished treatment within the past 12 months
Family attendees include the people living in the home with the participant. We welcome single participants and couples as well as families. Understanding that all families look different and that the cancer journey can change those roles by having a mother or caregiver move in, we want to accommodate those needs. We will evaluate individual requests, especially those of our single participants. The purpose of our retreats is not to serve as a family reunion for extended family. Please do not apply if this is your expectation.
- Retreats are offered at no cost. Little Pink provides each participant his/her own property* and has a kitchen stocked with breakfast and drink needs. Common meals are held for lunch and dinner, allowing you to meet and enjoy getting to know other participants on the same journey. During the week, a schedule of daily activities is created based on local community donations secured. * Some couples’ retreats share a property, with each couple having their own master suite.
- Travel to, from and during the retreat is the participant’s responsibility. You must have a vehicle during the retreat week.
- Flight and rental car discount opportunities are provided for accepted participants.
View our 2019 Schedule to see dates and locations for all retreats.
- Individual Housing– Each participant will have private housing to create an environment that focuses on spending quality time together.
- Common Dining– Two meals are served each day in a common space such as a restaurant, civic building, or park. This will allow participants a way to meet and build relationships with other participants and remove the burden of meal preparation.
- Morning Programs– Each day, activities are planned for the morning in which attendees can participate. Activities are determined by location, available resources and personnel,
- Optional Participation– Participants can choose to participate in the activities on any given day or may choose to reconnect on their own. Participation in the activities is always optional, never mandatory. Any meals or activities of participant choosing are at participant expense.
- Afternoon Enjoyment–This is a time to rest, relax on the beach, go on a private outing, meet with new friends – just about anything. On occasion, the schedule does include an afternoon activity rather than a morning activity.
- Evening Fun– Each night, we will host an activity in which participants can enjoy (examples: Adult night out for 2 with babysitting provided, mini golf, go-carts, movie night, karaoke, bonfire, etc.) Activities are determined by location, available resources and personnel.
- Retreat support– You will be supported during the week by a personal liaison we lovingly call a VolunSTAR.
No. The only required events are the opening and closing dinner.
No. The week is designed to maximize the ability to use donated properties and services for participants who could attend for the entire week. Please do not apply if you cannot attend for the entire week. Special exceptions are made for religious observance.
- Selections are made throughout the year. Rolling applications will be accepted in 2019 until August 1st.
- Retreat notifications occur 2-3 months before the retreat.
- All notifications are communicated through the email address provided in the application.
- Due to the large volume of applications, we cannot respond to each application. You will hear from us ONLY if selected.
We danced, we kayaked, we played on paddle boards, ziplined through the trees, and cruised on a beautiful yacht. We talked and laughed. We made friendships that will last a lifetime. It was truly a magical week!