Financial hardship should not keep you from being able to attend a Little Pink retreat. We understand the financial toll that cancer can have on a family and have developed a program to help curb the out-of-pocket costs of travel expenses for individuals and families.
- You must be accepted for a Little Pink retreat. Please do NOT fill this application out if you have not received an email with your retreat assignment.
- Currently in treatment for breast cancer or living with metastatic (Stage IV) breast cancer.
- Have a current annual household income at or below the Income Level chart below.
- Reside in the United States or US Territories,
- Funding is only for participants and individuals approved for the retreat on the application and that are included on participant (or ex-spouse) tax returns. It does not include others attending that are not included on their returns.
- Submit online form including all relevant documentation
- Failure to complete the documentation by the deadline set forth or providing false or misleading information will make the participant ineligible for travel incentive to attend. The participant will also agree to provide additional information as needed.
- Little Pink will review the form and documentation and provide incentive to travel award if applicable.
- Little Pink Houses of Hope Travel Incentive Program’s continuation is dependent on the availability of funds and reserves the right to modify and/or discontinue the program at any time and without any prior notice to applicants.
- In the event that Little Pink has airline miles, rewards, or corporate vouchers to extend to participants it will provide that option in lieu of incentive to attend.
- Little Pink will provide financial incentive to attend to be used strictly for attending an assigned Little Pink Retreat. Funds can be used for the following:
- Baggage Fees
- Ferry and or Taxi fees
- Uber rides
- Rental Car
- Train ticket
- Hotel while traveling to/from the retreat
- Travel incidentals (meals and snacks)
Incentive to Attend Amounts
Incentive to attend awards are designed to help offset the cost of travel for participants and families. In some instances, this may cover the cost, in others, the remaining balance will be the responsibility of the awarded participant.
- All eligible and approved families driving 0-300 miles 1 way qualify to receive a $150 incentive to attend
- All eligible and approved families driving 301- 600 miles 1 way qualify to receive a $300 incentive to attend
- All eligible and approved families driving over 600 miles 1 way qualify to receive a $500 incentive to attend
- All eligible and approved families flying receive a $500 incentive to attend for the patient and an additional $250 for each additional person in their family household attending.
- For Couples retreat to St. John, USVI ONLY, couples will be awarded $1,000 total per couple.
- All refundable ticket reservations MUST be made through our corporate travel agency to receive funds.
Example #1: If you are the patient traveling with your spouse and 2 children, if eligible and approved, you would receive a travel incentive to attend of $1,250 to be used on travel.
($500 for you and $250 x 3 household members = $1,250)
After booking your tickets with our corporate travel partner, your total for your tickets comes to $900, leaving you a remaining travel incentive of $250. This amount will be provided to you directly to help cover the cost of a rental vehicle as well as bag fees, travel incidentals, etc.
Example #2: You have the same family configuration and are awarded the same amount for travel as example #1= $1,250. You book your travel arrangements, and the total cost is $1,300. The travel agency will credit your account $1,250 as per your award allotment and you would be responsible to pay for the remaining $50.
Incentive to attend awards are awarded ONLY for individuals that qualify for eligibility in your household with approved documentation.
Funding is limited and is not guaranteed. The Travel Incentive Program is based on the availability of funds and the approved documented financial need.