I realized anything can be taken away in the snap of fingers. My goal has always been to become a nurse and heal people, like the nurses that were there for my mother.
Scholarship for Graduating Seniors
The Little Pink Houses of Hope Scholarship is for the children of parents or guardians who have attended any Little Pink Houses of Hope retreat. The applicant needs not to have attended a retreat to be eligible for the scholarship. Recipients will be selected based on a number of criteria, including a personal essay, resume, and high school GPA, but there is no minimum GPA requirement. Financial need is not a criterion for the scholarship. The scholarship is for use at accredited two or four-year colleges and universities based in the United States of America. The scholarship is for one year. A minimum of six individual scholarships will be granted each year. Upon receiving the scholarship, additional information may be requested of the recipient. Recipients will have scholarship funds mailed directly to their institution of higher learning.
Donate to the Scholarship Fund
Each year Little Pink serves more than 200 families and 750 individuals through its signature retreat model. Approximately 75% of participants identify their family income as low income. And we are aiming even higher in our goal to support families coping with a breast cancer challenge. Little Pink has more than 300 alumni with children who will be college-ready this year and the number is growing as we expand. This includes our living alumni and those who have passed and now have college-age children who may have put off college due to family hardship. Please join Little Pink in supporting breast cancer survivors and their families with a donation to the Children of Hope Scholarship Fund.
2020 Scholarship Winners
2019 Scholarship Winners (click on recipient name to read their essay)
- Emma Remonsellez-Conde– University of South Florida
- Marcus Rivera– Allen Hancock College, CA
- Adalyn LaHue- Iowa State University
- Glenn Hubbard– Penn State University
- Chloe Allen– North Carolina State University
- Zoe Bartholomew– Utica College, NY
- Abigail Schlueter– University of Illinois
2018 Scholarship Winners (click on recipient name to read their essay)
- Spencer Fluharty-University of Central Florida
- Mikayla Hutchins- University of Mary Hardin Baylor
- Ben Klein– Clarion University
- Lauren McCormick- John Taylor Community College
- Dylan Reese– Guildord Technical Community College
- Kyle Roper- Oklahoma City Community College
- Amanda RungeGold- Middle Tennessee State University