The financial environment of not having to pay for anything was a huge stress relief, and that is priceless.
Brad is from Atlanta and retired from the corporate world in April, 2015 after 25 years in the corporate communications field, most recently as Chief Communications Officer at Home Depot. Brad is blessed to have raised three wonderful sons with his wife Mary and is enjoying his new role as Grandpa. In retirement, Brad co-created and for two years hosted Crazy Good Turns, a podcast that tells inspiring stories about people who do amazing things for others, including our own Jeanine! Brad is active in his church and in his spare time volunteers in his community.
Daphne is a native of North Carolina and currently lives in Burlington with her husband and two teenage boys. She is a grants administrator with UNC Health Care. Daphne has been actively involved in Little Pink from the beginning. She loves the beach and enjoys serving others. Daphne is excited to see the Little Pink family continue to grow.
Join our local planning group called Team Pink. From getting involved with helping plan the retreat, providing gifts for families, securing activities and meals or using your special talents, Team Pink has a place for you. Email the Retreat Coordinator at the top of the page.
The primary donations needed for a retreat week include:
- Grocery Gift Cards
- Gifts for families
- Special location-specific items for welcome bags
- Paper Goods- plates, napkins, plastic cutlery, paper towels, toilet paper
- Sponsor a family for the week ($1008) by making a general donation
- Sponsor an activity or meal ($250) by making a general donation
Contact Retreat Coordinator listed above for specific needs
Retreats are only possible because of generous house donors. Please fill out the Home Donor form
The community is the key ingredient to the success of every Little Pink Retreat week! Ways for your group to get involved:
- Adopt a retreat. This is an easy way for a small group to make a BIG impact! Adopt a Retreat Information
- Provide a meal for the families and if possible have your group serve the meal! This is a great way to get to know the families and see the difference that you are making first hand.
- Conduct a gift card drive for local grocery store
- Collect paper Goods- plates, napkins, plastic cutlery, paper towels, toilet paper
- Provide welcome bags for each family
- Conduct an office fundraiser
What a great idea! Please fill out our Fundraising event form
Feel free to call Little Pink’s Development Director, LeKeshia Franklin, at 336-213-4733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance with any of your fundraising ideas or questions.
Team Pink is our local planning group and you can contact the Retreat Coordinator listed above for more information on how to get involved locally.
If you are interested in being a full, 24/7 volunteer during a retreat week (either at this location or another location), please visit our Retreat Volunteer Page.