Ready! It is time to really get started with promotion for Little Pink Houses and the Pepsi Project! A group of volunteers has created TONS of materials for you to use to get the word out about the Pepsi Project. There are flyers, radio spots, press releases, school announcements, church bulletin announcements, FB posts, letters…you name it and it has been created! A special thanks to all of the people who used their creative gifts to make all of the materials.
Set! Look through the online materials link at http://www.littlepinkhousesofhope.org/Pepsi-Refresh.html Think about how you can use the materials and people that you know who might be interested in helping to promote it. Through our meetings, we have came up with some wonderful ideas:
- targeting college students through their organizations
- using key personnel in school districts/ schools to promote on a daily basis
- creating a pyramid of people who will help through organizations like Avon
- targeting medical center waiting and treatment rooms
- talking with ladies groups/ organizations
- using PTO groups
- getting information on listservs and email groups
- using Facebook and social networking sites
- putting in church bulleting or handing out church flyers
- capitalizing on large groups of people (football stadiums, etc)
- creating a way for students to earn community service hours
- talking to everyone that you can think of!
And of course, many more. You will undoubtedly think of things that work for you and your community. Print off whatever tools you need to help make it happen and you are set. A few words of caution:
Remember that some of the letters/docs need to be adjusted with either a connection or place (specifically the letters). We will get the texting code on Sept 1st and it will be put in the HS flyer at that time.I have ordered tons of the voting business cards, so please let me know if you need any of them.
GO! Voting starts September 1st, so it is important to capitalize on timing. For example, go ahead and start sending out something to a radio station now, but you will want to wait til Aug 31 to post anything on Facebook. Or, go ahead and contact schools now to discuss how you can promote it with students and parents, so that you are able to be in full swing on Sept. 1. But remember, September 1st is right around the corner.
As I have been preparing, I have had unbelievable support from anyone that I speak to in the community. People are happy to help- especially since it is a vote, rather than someone asking for money. They want to help but often times they do not know how to help- they just need to be asked. Take a look at the document “How Can I Help” so that if anyone asks you what else they can do besides voting you will be prepared to answer.
Thank you for all of your love, support, and willingness to jump in and help. With that said- there are 11 days til voting begins! Let’s get out there and show the world what Little Pink Houses of Hope is made of!