The Pepsi Refresh Project is such a cool idea! You might have seen the SuperBowl commercials that promoted the idea that rather than spending ad spot money, they were going to give away money each month instead. The give away a whopping 1.3 million a month!!!! And yes, I plan on strategically getting Little Pink Houses of Hope ready for our chance to receive funding. I have already started the application for the Pepsi Refresh Project, but will not be able to be part of the voting until all of the legal docs for Little Pink Houses of Hope are completed. I plan on being able to submit all docs by the beginning of August and being a part of the voting in September for a 250K project.
Think of this project like the American Idol of Funding. The project with the most votes wins-period.
So here is how I need your help:
- Log onto the Pepsi site so that you are familiar with how things work: http://www.refresheverything.com/index
- Get your username and login and start voting for various projects that interest you. This will give you a good feel for how voters communicate with each other before our voting window ever opens. (Look for the Welcome/ Sign in link in the bottom left corner)
- You get 10 votes per day, but only one can be used for each project. So when our time comes, it will be important to have lots of people already engaged in the process.
- Spread the word about the website to your friends.
- Start thinking about how else you can spread the word about Little Pink Houses of Hope to increase the number of people who will be voting for us. Examples that people have already shared:
- I have a principal who is planning on including a curriculum unit on philanthropy and using the site as an example for the students
- my brother is working on a video to post to youtube
- my son plans on asking his teacher to post to her class website
- my mom talked about posting something in her bulletin in church
- a friend plans on adding it to the signature of her email
Great job getting the word out! We doubled in size from this time last week. If you have not already shared our mission with your friends, now is the time!
The official Little Pink Houses of Hope website will be up and running soon- stay tuned!